AID FROM THE FRENCH STATE
If you buy an electrically-assisted bicycle, you may qualify for government assistance of up to €400, subject to certain conditions.
What conditions must be met to qualify for the cycle bonus?
- You must be an adult,
- You must be resident in France,
- Have a reference tax income per unit of less than or equal to €14,089.
The electrically-assisted bicycle (EAB) you buy must :
- Be new,
- Not use a lead-acid battery,
- It must have an auxiliary electric motor.
What documents do I need to apply?
- A copy of your valid identity card, residence permit or passport,
- A copy of a proof of address dated within the last 3 months,
- A copy of the invoice for the bike,
- A copy of the tax assessment preceding the purchase,
- Your bank details.
This government bonus can be combined with assistance from local authorities (town hall, department or region). Don't hesitate to consult the Mes Aides Vélo website, which will calculate the amount of your subsidy according to your location!
You can also calculate them directly here
For more information, please visit the Ministry of the Economy website.
To find out how much aid you will receive, follow this link: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F36828#